new Neuros ARM & multimedia developer "board" (texas instruments)

First, sorry to spam the group, but this is pretty directly pertinent, so I wanted to announce here. Neuros is starting to sell a developer board that I thought you all might be interested in. Our company is an "open source consumer electronics" company so we're not really in the business of selling "developer boards" per se but we're trying to attract hackers so that's effectively what we're doing.

The fact that we're not in the business of selling "developer boards" is actually mostly a good thing since we're not looking to make the margins that are require by most companies that sell developer boards. On the bad side, it's intended to be a product so it doesn't have every single interface that you can think of. Anyhow, it's a 200MHz ARM9 with a TI DSP (proprietary) and ability to encode and decode MPEG-4 video up to 720x480 at 30 fps or so and it has USB host, Ethernet and CF, SD and MemStick interfaces and it runs Linux 2.6.

At this stage we're only selling the "developer samples" which are supposed to ship in another week or so see here

the finished product is

hacker information is here

the official website is

Again, I apologize if this is perceived as spam, I honestly only sent it because I thought it would be of interest.

Thanks,

Joe

Reply to
joeborn