Network Interface solution

I am looking for a microcontroller with the attributes listed below.
It is for a network interface that will be interfacing with only one
digital or analog I/O.  It is desirable use a battery for powering the
device.  It will be sending the value of the I/O along with a
date/time stamp.  A few microchip solutions have been listed below,
but I would be interested it there is a better solution.

Any input would be appreciated.

- Ethernet
- 8-bit or less
- Low power consumption (Battery, Power over Ethernet)
- Small
- Inexpensive
- Less than 4 A/D channels
- Minimal 8 to 16 I/O's

PIC10F200
http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId13%35&dDocName=en019863

PIC12F675
http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId13%35&dDocName=en010114

PIC12F683
http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId13%35&dDocName=en010115

PIC16F676
http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId13%35&dDocName=en010213

Re: Network Interface solution

IMHO we need more information to give any helpful input ;-(

Why ethernet? TCP or UDP? What datarate?

???

Low is relative. Do you have some numbers?

How small?

How inexpensive? Quantities?

Less than???

/Jan-Hinnerk