Netburner MOD5270LC-KIT distributors?

I was looking at getting one of Netburner's cheap NNDK-MOD5270LC kits, but ordering from Netburner's online store would add a minimum of $95 in shipping charges which is kind of taking the piss for a $99 kit. Netburner list Mouser and Digi-Key as distributors, but neither seem to be carrying this particular kit. Are there any other distributors or resellers that carry this kit?

-a

Reply to
ammonton

I'm not a recruiter, and I am a regular reader and contributor to conp.arch.embedded.

I'm also aware of the fact that c.a.e is not nearly as rabidly opposed to job ads as many of the other groups.

So just this once, I'm going to cross the line.

My company (one of the world's largest multinationals) has not had much luck lately in finding qualified candidates for embedded development.

We have two openings, one for senior experienced developer and one for junior/entry level developer.

Location is Northwest suburban Chicago area, and these are real, permanent, full-time jobs with benefits, etc.

No replies on the group, please, unless you want to flame me.

If you are not interested yourself, but know somebody else who is, pass it along.

Anybody interested send me an email with your real email address, and I will send contact information for your HR contact. Please DO NOT send me your resume. If you make it past the phone interview, I will see it and most likely be one of the people you interview with.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

... snip ...

Rather hard, when you don't include your address.

--

                        cbfalconer at maineline dot net
Reply to

You mean snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net doesn't work?

--
Al Balmer
Sun City, AZ

I guess I am guilty of an assumption. Yes or No.

--

                        cbfalconer at maineline dot net
Reply to
CBFalconer

Curious that this wound up in the "Netburner MOD5270LC-KIT distributors?" thread - any connection?

Steve

Steve at fivetrees

Just a matter of message reference. The OP likely replied to an existing message, to avoid typing the full newsgroup name probably, and then replaced both the title and the body but his newsreader kept the reference: References:

So our smart newsreaders, seeing this reference, assume it's still the same thread with a small change of title.

Regards, D.

Reply to
D.

I think Jack was so impressed by my question that he wanted to offer me a job on the spot.

-a

Reply to
ammonton

And just what has an address got to do with "replies on the group"?

Oooooh, I was almost tempted to top-post that ;-)

Reply to
MikeG

The statement "No replies on the group, please" implies that he wants replies somewhere else, such as an email or snailmail address.

It appears to me that he did so, BTW. The email address he used

-- [ snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net ] -- is the same one he lists on his website at [

]

--
Guy Macon
Reply to

This is an issue for us. Our goal with the NNDK-MOD5270LC kit was to make the lowest possible cost 32 bit network kit. We wanted to do it in a sustainable way. We can sell the $99 kit forever, its not a short time special. but just break even on this kit. It's primarily a sales tool to get people to use our modules or license our tools.

If we offered the 99 kit through distribution they would want the distributors margin and it would be a loss for us. I realize that the shipping costs are significat, but even with the $95.00 shipping you are getting what was a $299 kit for less than $200. It is still a lot lower cost than the competitiors.

Paul CTO Netburner.

Reply to
pbreed

I appreciate that, but can't help thinking that the customer segment you're trying to reach with this kit would be willing to wait even a week or two for delivery in exchange for a reasonable shipping charge.

Fortunately for me I may be able to arrange to have the kit delivered to someone in the US who can then forward it to me, but if that doesn't work I'll give it a miss.

Regards, Anders Montonen

Reply to
ammonton

I guess if you want a "job" in Chicago? Hey! they got good pizza and a really big building and the loop and cocaine. Could the job be old mainframe? or embedded? Maybe pic basic or Linux, QNX, PDP-11? If there was a "MOST STUPID USENET POST OF THE YEAR" award, I know where my vote would go. Sheesh! Really, Sheesh!! Jim Davis.

Reply to
jimd