NetBurner Mod5270

I recently ordered a development kit for a Mod5270, and have been playing around with it and the DevC++ environment.

The lack of examples with assembly, however, is troubling.

Does anyone know of any example code out there using assembly and port i/o (either as one example, or several)?

Also, how about using the PWM engine?

The documentation in general with the Mod5270 seems abysmal at best. Any links or documents someone can point me to would be greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping to move to these Mod5270 from Rabbit RCM3200, and it's been an unpleasant experience thus far. The Rabbit had all the documentation I could ever need -- and it seems quite the opposite with the Mod5270.

Any tips would be great. Thanks!

Alex McHale

Reply to
alexmchale

Alex, Have you looked at the GPIO examples on the website? Also have you registered for the Netburner Yahoo group? There was a detail discussion on doing the 5270 GPIO there just a few days ago.

did you find the 5270 hardware specific documentaion? Its in the platfrom folder in the Netburne NNDK program group.

Lastly why do you need to do assembly? Its a 150Mhz 32 bit processor and is plenty fast compared to the rabbit with code written in C?

Paul

Reply to
pbreed