.Net Micro Framework on an Arm Cortex M3, experiences anyone?

Hi

We are working on a new product and we are contemplating using a Virtual Machine, running the Microsoft .Net Micro Framework

It seems it could be running on a STM32F105 (Cortex M3 device) with

256kB Flash and 64kB RAM.

We do not need it to run very fast, we just need the ability to be relatively processor independent and to gain a higher abstraction level if possible, reducing developing time or offering new possibilities to our products

Has anyone here had experience in running .NET or very small Java implementations on low cost microcontrollers like the Cortex M3?

Thanks

Klaus

Reply to
Kvik

That's a bit like asking if anyone has contemplated nailing their feet to the floor. It's going to be messy, painful, and you won't go anywhere fast - but it /is/ possible.

If you want a virtual machine for running a higher-level language (such as for scripting), look at Lua (or ).

Reply to
David Brown