Needed: 6502 to ST7 Assembly Code Conversion

Looking for someone to help me port some old Rockwell 6502 assembly code over to a ST Microelectronics ST7 series micro. All in all, there is a few k bytes of code that need converted. I have already ported over some of the easy stuff (no timers, complicated math, etc).

I can provide the original 6502 binary (no source), the disassembled code, and any ST documentation you would require.

Of course, looking to compensate you for your time ;-)

Remove NOSPAM from direct email responses.

Reply to
Jim Knight

What abouta description of the hardware that the 6502 ran on? It would be nice to know where RAM, ROM, EEPROM, I/O is. Why no source?

I can take a shot at it. I know 6502 but have never done anything with ST7.

Reply to
Gary Kato

Gary, Good points. I am a hardware guy and didn't think about those details.

The 6502 application used 3 6632s as PIAs for I/O. It also used the timers on the 6532s to do some IRQ hardware interrupts. The RAM and EPROM from the original were, of course, external to the 6502. I have the memory maps of the original 6502 application as well as the new memory map of the ST7.

The reason I do not have the original source code is that the company that originally produced the product has been dead for over 15 years.

code,

nice

ST7.

Reply to
Jim Knight

Hi, you would do better to start again from scratch.

Reply to
CBarn24050

As a test, I've run asm->asm conversions in parallel with asm->C conversions. I'd strongly recommend NOT converting assembler to assembler - all you end up doing is simulating the original processor. A better approach is to use the 6502 code as a guide while recreating the original spec (have to concur with CBarn's comment). If you really must, convert asm to C - but you'll get better results if you create an engineering spec then completely ignore the original 6502 assembly implementation.

Reply to
CodeSprite