Needed: 6502 to ST7 Assembly Code Conversion

Looking for someone to help me port some old Rockwell 6502 assembly code
over to a ST Microelectronics ST7 series micro.  All in all, there is a few
k bytes of code that need converted.  I have already ported over some of the
easy stuff (no timers, complicated math, etc).

I can provide the original 6502 binary (no source), the disassembled code,
and any ST documentation you would require.

Of course, looking to compensate you for your time ;-)

Remove NOSPAM from direct email responses.

Re: Needed: 6502 to ST7 Assembly Code Conversion

What abouta description of  the hardware that the 6502 ran on? It would be nice
to know where RAM, ROM, EEPROM, I/O is. Why no source?

I can take a shot at it. I know 6502 but have never done anything with ST7.

Re: Needed: 6502 to ST7 Assembly Code Conversion
Gary,
  Good points.  I am a hardware guy and didn't think about those details.

  The 6502 application used 3 6632s as PIAs for I/O.  It also used the
timers on the 6532s to do some IRQ hardware interrupts.  The RAM and EPROM
from the original were, of course, external to the 6502.  I have the memory
maps of the original 6502 application as well as the new memory map of the
ST7.

  The reason I do not have the original source code is that the company that
originally produced the product has been dead for over 15 years.

code,
nice
ST7.

Re: Needed: 6502 to ST7 Assembly Code Conversion
Hi, you would do better to start again from scratch.

Re: Needed: 6502 to ST7 Assembly Code Conversion

As a test, I've run asm->asm conversions in parallel with asm->C
conversions. I'd strongly recommend NOT converting assembler to assembler -
all you end up doing is simulating the original processor. A better approach
is to use the 6502 code as a guide while recreating the original spec (have
to concur with CBarn's comment). If you really must, convert asm to C - but
you'll get better results if you create an engineering spec then completely
ignore the original 6502 assembly implementation.

Site Timeline