Need uC (ARM preferably) with USB device port, internal FLASH and USB device.

I'm looking for uC that has an external bus interface, on-board flash and USB device simalar STMicroelectronics STR710. Package - 144PQFP / 100PQFP or less. May be anybody now another chip with USB device port, internal flash. Two chip solution also is possible.

Any suggestion.

Best Regards, Dmitriy Cherkashin. snipped-for-privacy@ucrouter.ru

dch

On 3 Feb 2005 16:41:25 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@ucrouter.ru (dch) wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

Atmel's AT91RM8200 (ARM 920T) has two USB 1.1 ports, one host and one device. And when I was last looking, there were very few 32-bit processors with device port. It has external bus but no internal flash, although that could be the second chip of a two chip solution.

I'm not sure of the smallest package size, tough.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

It is about the same size as a TQFP100 (Actually it is called the AT91RM9200).

A smaller variant would be the AT91FR40162. This is a 10 x 10 mm BGA with ARM7TDMI+2 MB Flash + 256 kB SRAM running at 60 MIPS from the SRAM. Add some USB peripheral outside, and you are in business. One nice chip is the AT43USB380 which is both host and function..

An AT91SAM7S64 could do USB USART at very high speed. The USART mode with clock, allows you to get rid of the by 16 prescaler, normally used for the UART, and the 9th bit would be used for "packet" start. Otherwise you an use anything on the market.

It would help if you told us what you wanted to use the USB for, and if you need anything else, like the CAN bus.

Why do you need an external bus? This indicates that the STR710 is not enough.

-- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson snipped-for-privacy@a-t-m-e-l.com This message is intended to be my own personal view and it may or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB

Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

AT91RM9200 is in PQFP208 Package or 256BGA package.

Best Regards, Dmitriy Cherkashin snipped-for-privacy@ucrouter.ru

Reply to
dch

Only mask ROM version of this nice chip?

rick

Reply to
Jedi

And the BGA is about the same size as the TQFP-100