Need small alphanumeric keypad for data entry

I'm working on an embedded project and need a "keyboard" for data entry.
ABOUT 2" x 2.5" that will allow input of 26 letters and digits at least.
It could be operated by a stylus.

Does anyone know where I can find such a thing?

Jim

Re: Need small alphanumeric keypad for data entry

A small 'chord' keyboard would be worth trying. You could probably do it
with six keys. See if you can find some info on the Microwriter which had
one.

Leon

Re: Need small alphanumeric keypad for data entry

How about a mobile phone layout and have data entered like SMS. Might be
   quite quick.

Re: Need small alphanumeric keypad for data entry

If you're making a couple of these, I'd use a pda.

But you probably are making more than two of these, right?

Have you looked to someone like www.Dontronics.com?

or www.mouser.com
or www.jameco.com
or www.digikey.com