Need nitty-gritty info. on Mostek MK3870 uC

I have some 3870 object code that I want to disassemble and port to a
current uC.  I have definitive info. on the instruction set; now I need
definitive info. on the 3870's architecture in order to make sense of
the instructions.  The 1982/83 Mostek Microelectronic Databook - which I
have, if anyone needs something from it - references "3870 Technical
Manual" for a thorough discussion of the architecture.  Anyone happen to
have a copy of the Techincal Manual .... propping up a table leg,
perhaps?  :-)

Michael

Re: Need nitty-gritty info. on Mostek MK3870 uC

As far as I remember, it's Fairchild's F8 architecture...We used to work
with them, but
that was ages ago...God knows where the docs are...Try to Google on F8 and
Fairchild.

Dejan

Re: Need nitty-gritty info. on Mostek MK3870 uC
Hi Michael,

I have the "Mostek 1981 3870/F8 Microcomputer Databook", which gives lot
of archtitecural info on that beast, also on some of the common I/O
chips found on MK3870 boards.

Don't know if that is helpful to you, though.

regards,
Wolf

--
From-address is Spam trap
Use: wolfgang (dot) mahringer (at) sbg (dot) at

Re: Need nitty-gritty info. on Mostek MK3870 uC
We used to use the Fairchild F8 and Mostek/Motorola 3870's in the late 70's
early 80's for a bunch of embedded applications. We have all of the
documentation that we used for the projects. Email me off line what
information you need.

Walter Banks