Need nitty-gritty info. on Mostek MK3870 uC

I have some 3870 object code that I want to disassemble and port to a current uC. I have definitive info. on the instruction set; now I need definitive info. on the 3870's architecture in order to make sense of the instructions. The 1982/83 Mostek Microelectronic Databook - which I have, if anyone needs something from it - references "3870 Technical Manual" for a thorough discussion of the architecture. Anyone happen to have a copy of the Techincal Manual .... propping up a table leg, perhaps? :-)

Michael

Reply to
Michael

As far as I remember, it's Fairchild's F8 architecture...We used to work with them, but that was ages ago...God knows where the docs are...Try to Google on F8 and Fairchild.

Dejan

Reply to
Dejan Durdenic

I have the "Mostek 1981 3870/F8 Microcomputer Databook", which gives lot of archtitecural info on that beast, also on some of the common I/O chips found on MK3870 boards.

Don't know if that is helpful to you, though.

regards, Wolf

--
From-address is Spam trap
Use: wolfgang (dot) mahringer (at) sbg (dot) at

We used to use the Fairchild F8 and Mostek/Motorola 3870's in the late 70's early 80's for a bunch of embedded applications. We have all of the documentation that we used for the projects. Email me off line what information you need.

Walter Banks

Michael wrote:

Reply to
Walter Banks