Need help with this connectors

Hi Gurus,

I am a senior software developer, but a newbie as a embedded software developer. I am currently working on a project with the following characteristics:

- C/C++ code

- CodeWarrior 1.2

- ARM7TDMI (I think)

The device (ECR machine) I am working with has a modem, 2 serial ports, one Ethernet port, one USB port, one GPRS card.

What I do is, write code, compile, compress, download to device (using the serial port) then test it on the device. I cannot debug ON the device, I just do not know how to...

I need help/guidance with the following:

- I need to be able to do a source-level debugging ON the board. I have done it before (in another project/company) using a JTag/ICE. However, I do not recognize the connectors on this board. I have taken pictures of the board that can be seen here:

- Also, does anybody have a tutorial/howto regarding moving this CodeWarrior 1.2 MCP project onto to a newer development environment? Does anybody have any recommendation on a newer development environment? I have downloaded WinARM, would this be a good choice?

- What about wiring the JTAG (or whatever connector I need)? I have a good computer with Parallel/Serial/USB port...

Or:

- Is there any company that can sell a Development environment + JTAG (or whatever the connector this board requires) at a good price that anyone can recommend?

I have talked to someone form Keil but either I couldn't make myself understand or something else, but they could not offer any help/guidance.

Thank you very much...JRivero

Reply to
jrivero

Looks like an FPC/FFC connector. You would need an adaptor from the standard 20 pin ARM JTAG Header. Most ARM boards used to have a 14 pin JTAG header, and the FPC connector has 14 pins. I am not sure where you can get a ready made adaptor for this.

Depends what you mean by "good price". Keil has been bought by ARM, and their compiler is by all accounts the best. Rowley

has a very nice development environment with an IDE which uses the gcc compiler, but they have their own libraries, which are "better" than the usual new-lib library people use with gcc. For a free development encironment look at YAGARTO. It is Eclipse with gcc + newlib and OpenOCD. (Open On Chip Debugger).

[Snipped]

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus