Need help with retrieving Ada symbols from an ELF/Dwarf symbol table

Hello,

I am currently working on a non-intrusive real-time debugger that gets
address info. for variables from the symbol table within the Elf/Dwarf
format executable.  The debugger itself is written in C.  It currently
works fine for both local and global variables in programs written in
C/C++, but will not pick up anything from an Ada program.  I know that
Ada variable names are mangled differently, but I cannot find how
exactly.  This is in IRIX 6.x environment, gnat compiler.  Any
help/insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Marianna Gheno

Site Timeline