Need help reaching critical mass

For those here who are involved in Product Development, I would like to invite you to try out the newsgroup that I moderate: misc.business.product-dev -- a Usenet newsgroup about the Business of Product Development.

The group has been pretty much unused for a long time, but could become viable if I can attract a critical mass of users.

Right now I am screening posts to avoid spam, and setting the software to auto-approve any further posts by that user. This avoids posting delays after the user's first post.

If I can attract enough users to see the volume pick up, I will be looking for co-moderators. I have a simple web-based system that makes it easy to reject/approve posts.

There will be little or no rejection because of content; I just want to keep the newsgroup flooders and spammers out, and let people use their killfiles if they don't like what someone posts.

Also, unlike many other moderated newsgroups, I allow crossposts to one unmoderated newsgroup, so you can post something that is about FORTH and Product Development in comp.lang.forth and misc.business.product-dev if you wish.

Alas, I can't allow crossposts to moderated newsgroups because such posts get approved for both newsgroups when one moderator approves them, which would be rude to the other moderator.

--
misc.business.product-dev: a Usenet newsgroup
about the Business of Product Development.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Guy Macon

[%X]

As one who is already linked into that group I too would welcome seeing more postings there.

Paul E. Bennett...............
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul E. Bennett