Need help from programming masters (USB hub)

Hi guys! I am just wondering if you could give some codes regarding the operation of the USB hub. Since a USB host is capable of communicating to a single device, I was thinking of using the USB hub as the device. The communication is from HOST to HUB. However, I need a piece of code to communicate to the hub to enumerate it and learn about physical bus events like device connect/disconnect to the downstream ports, and send bus resets out the hub ports. Some says this is simple but I dont know where to start.

Looking forward from the masters.

God Bless. dz

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

dzone007

You are basically asking for a complete USB host stack.

There is nothing simple about it.

Leo Havmøller.

Reply to
Leo Havmøller

Get Jan Axelson's "USB Complete" book which is a good, straightforward introduction to all things USB. This is much easier to deal with than trying to plough through the USB specifications.

Enumeration of a hub is the same as that of any other USB device. However, as Leo says, it sounds as if you need a complete host stack which is non-trivial to write.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Jackson

of