Need C based matrix math library?

Hello all

I'm looking for an open source (or other) free floating point (not double) matrix math library. The library must be in standard C (not C++) with source (compile by any standard C compiler).

Any suggestions or own experiences?

Reply to
Math

It's not free but still useful (comes with a book). Numerical Recipes in C.

Mind you, its use of array indices starting from 1 can be muddling.

Reply to
Bill Davy

le)

in C.

Grab the Fortran edition instead. I found it easier to translate from that than to use their translations.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Adsett

If you can't find anything else, hunt down the template numerical toolkit and translate the bits you need into C from C++.

I don't know about good C versions.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

Most are in Fortran or C++, I'm afraid. You could take Fortran BLAS/ LAPAC from netlib and use f2c to give you C code (a one-off task).

Large chunks of Atlas (perhaps all?) BLAS is in C. Could be useful, but I believe that the build process is hairy.

You could look into the VSIPL library. I think that there is a free reference implementation, but it might be in C++.

I've not used any of them, I'm afraid. It's not as though matrix math is difficult to write, particularly if you've got a copy of Golub and Van Loan beside you. (OK, writing matrix math routines that are as fast as Atlas probably *is* difficult, but that's not necessarily the goal, for embedded systems.)

Cheers,

--
Andrew
Reply to