Nand flash controller

Hi, all,

Could anyone tell me whether there is a simple nand flash controller in the market so that I can interface it with my arm9 (S3C2440) processor? I know s3c2440 has one but I need one more which supports large memory size 2GB.

Thanks!

Reply to
cellterry

Other than CF, which can address 127G?

Reply to
linnix

Look at the SST Nanddrive

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Is it possible to make a nand flash controller by a 8 bits MCU? I say this because those card controllers in the market have multifunction to read many kinds of cards and I think it is a waste of resource for my application.

Reply to
cellterry

Sure, how much time do you have? Wear leveling, bad sector remapping and all that is not trivial. Plus the chicken-and-egg dilemma of where to store the wear leveling and bad sector data so that that spot doesn't wear out (:

A better approach might be either a CompactFlash card or this device:

Both will do their own housekeeping with a mimimum of host entanglements.

Reply to
Jim Stewart