MVS microcontroller chips?

I see regular ads in Nuts & Volts from this company. However, searching
using Google, I don't find much on the net about them. Not even a single
question on any of the newsgroup despite the company having existed since
1999!

Do any of you know if this is an OK company to order from, or is it just a
freaky credit card harvesting site?

Site at: http://www.star.net/people/~mvs /

Some of their MCU specs look fantastic:
http://www.star.net/people/~mvs/MEG6SPEC.TXT
http://www.star.net/people/~mvs/1200spec.txt

Thanks !

Re: MVS microcontroller chips?

Hmmm... This resembles me of something:

  http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/2486S.pdf

A coincidence?

- Ville

--
Ville Voipio, Dr.Tech., M.Sc. (EE)

Re: MVS microcontroller chips?
since

Hmm ... but still unknown company and reputation anywhere ... oh well.

Re: MVS microcontroller chips?
.... 102 more lines snipped ....

Were those 102 really lines needed to convey the the sense of your
reply?  If not, would it have been ineffably painful for _you_ to
have done the snipping?

Re: MVS microcontroller chips?
My humble, and sincere apologies. I'll be more considerate in the future. Is
there an AUP FAQ around here? Do you top-reply, or bottom-reply, or
inline-reply, or have particular styles to adhere to, or have certification
policies on how to behave, not to behave, and which certification teams are
responsible for enforcing the AUP and such? As I am fairly new here (last
time I did microcontrollers were way back in the 80's using DEC systems) I
really have no idea on whether I should adhere to your request or if it is
contrarian to do so and in the process violate an already established AUP.
In any case you can put me in your filter file so you won't have to endure
the <snip> annoyance in case I forget in the future.

 (maybe a form template, or an automated interface to help validate articles
would be helpful)

<snip>
<snip>

Re: MVS microcontroller chips?
... snip ...

Don't know whether to take you seriously or not, and it doesn't
really matter.  Bottom posting and snipping can NEVER be wrong.
Most here do so, but there is the occasional top-poster to be
found.  My normal practice is to ignore them unless I have
something to say on the subject, when I must either laboriously
fix the quotations or snip everything away.  This tends to reduce
my postings, which some may consider a good thing.

What you appear to call inline-reply is part of normal
bottom-posting.  In some cases it MAY indicate articles are too
long and complex.

Re: MVS microcontroller chips?
says...
I have purchased from them in the past.  We needed a small FLASH card.
Bought their MVDISK.  Worked as advertised, customer still happy.

                    Jim

Re: MVS microcontroller chips?

These people have been advertising for years in several mags.

I have never ordered from them, but with a long history in hobby mags,
I would give it a try.

If they were not a good place to order from, I am sure people here would
know about it.

Re: MVS microcontroller chips?
Al, Ville, James, Hamilton: Thanks all for the insights ! I called them up
and turns out they don't even accept credit cards, only COD or pre-payment.
They don't have email, and only take support calls by phone.

I'll go ahead and place an order and report back how it goes.

Cheers !

Re: MVS microcontroller chips?
Goods arrived, and turns out this is an Atmel ATMega8 MCU with basic and
assembler compiler as the secret sauce :-)

pre-payment.
since