multiple DSP single PC connection advice needed.

Iwo and Wolfgang (=previous contributers), thank you for your informative answers

The topic's name is not appropriate so i had to start a new one, sorry about that.

Perhaps going backwards from the desired solution to the hardware that will allow it is better.

Basically what I need is 4-8 DSPS that acquire data at the rate of

25Mbps each and apart from running some algorithms (FFT etc.) they have

to sand the entire data to a PC.

We are talking about 100-200 Mbps. The PC should be able to send information back to each DSP but the later capacity is small compared to the DSP->PC direction.

New questions are:

1.Given the current solutions in the market (preferably TI's DSPS), is the functionality achievable from the PC DSP point of view (algorithems can be minimized if needed.)

2.If so, which is better, DSPS with Ethernet connection or USB connection?

3.regarding the PC side ,Can I ,with the goal capacity mentioned, use XP on the PC or LINUX is my only choice (Did anyone implement multiple real time connections at 200 Mbps)

  1. if any one can point a book article or website that can give architectural advise regarding this problem I will be grateful.

Thanks, Marc

Reply to
soos

IIRC the TI 62xx and 64xx have built-in PCI interfaces, so they can exist in the PC if that is a solution.

Other than that, gigabit ethernet should handle the traffic.

Scott

Reply to
Not Really Me