multicast MAC filter LPC2468

Hi, Iam using NXP based LPC2468 microcontroller. Iam using Keil RTX.

Iam trying to set up different filters using multicast MAC addresses. The communication architecture requires that the microcontroller receives only selective multicast addresses.

I want to know:

  1. How to do set up multicast MAC filtering?

  1. How many such filters can i set for one microcontroller?

further details: The first four bytes of the destination MAC address in the ethernet packet are more or less fixed. My application requires that i should be able to set up four filters in a single microcontroller. (I will process each of the four address separately there after)

Reply to
gvivek2004