Multi-processor breadboard: CAD files are up

For anyone who's interested, I've published the editable schematic and PCB files for the AVR/MSP430/Cygnal 8051 board I was discussing a little while ago:

Reply to
larwe

Previously, I mentioned the need of an evaulation board for CLCC-8 (Ceramic Leadless Chip Carrier) accelerometer. Unfortunately, CLCC-8 is too small. We are trying to build an improved resolution accelerometer. One requirement is to boost the internal voltage to

18V, so we would need chip L & C. Our current plan is a DIP-32 multi- chip module. I can't ask you for commitment, just my suggestion.
Reply to
linnix

Why would anyone need a specialized protoboard for a part that's in DIP packaging?

Reply to
larwe

They would need it to evaluate uC and components, without spending too much time making the board first.

Let me tell you the story. I hope it won't get back to the customer, since I still have to work with them.

They picked the Accelerometer. Build the PCB, Made the custom LCD. Plastic injected the case. Spent lots of money.

Now, we are taking to their CEO that the accelerometer won't cut it. So, we are back to square one. I can tell you that the Engineers who did not evaluate the sensor carefully will have other jobs.

Reply to
linnix

You can't get someone like Dontronics / sparkfun or similar to sell the pcb's for you ?

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson