MT8880's DTMF receiving problem

I am using MT8880 and 89c51 in my project. I can send DTMF out. however i found that the chip can't 100% receive the correct DTMF signal. just 5% chance to get the correct tone.

any idea and comment? thank you for your help in advance. Regards,

Raymond

Reply to
007

You can use a scope to check the input signal for:

- clipping (signal too loud)

You can sample it with your PC soundcard and "CoolEdit" and then do an FFT to check for:

- (reverse-)twist (one frequency louder than other frequency)

- frequency accuracy (tones too high/low)

- noise (tones don't stand out clearly enough)

Marc

Reply to
jetmarc