MSP430 question

If I wanted to program 14-pin DIP MSP430s, is it as simple as taking an eZ430 target module, removing the surface-mounted MSP430, and wiring a DIP socket to the 14 pin terminals?

Reply to
mc

"mc" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:dNwzg.6675$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews3.bellsouth.net...

YES

MIKE

--
www.oho-elektronik.de
OHO-Elektronik

yes... but why not just wire the Spy Bi-Wire interface to a header? That's all you need. The interface between the FET and the target board is gnd, vcc and two SBW wires.

Reply to
larwe

What kind of connector would I need to connect to the little programming module?

Reply to
mc

The part number is in the manual for the ez430. At a pinch you can use four strands of wire.

Reply to
larwe

Not all MSP430's have spy-by-wire. Make sure you use one that does, or EZ430 won't work.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Thanks. It's a Mill-Max 851-93-004-20-001000. This is simply a socket for

4 pins 0.05 inch apart (half of the more familiar spacing).

It seems to be a hard thing to find, though. It may be cheaper to buy a second ez430 and take the chip off the target board.

Reply to
mc

Is that 4 SIL or two rows of 4? Either way, Farnell have them, though you'll have to chop up a bigger connector-

Paul Burke

The OP specified 14-DIP, and AFAIK the _only_ parts that are available in this package are from the 430F2xxx series (i.e. all have SBW).

Reply to
larwe

42p for the connector, probably 10 pounds to ship it here (USA)...
Reply to
mc

Ahwellnow, you didn't say you were there. Try Newark, which is eminently anagrammable.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

*chuckle*

(After a few seconds of thinking: Krawen? Knawer? Wnakre?... :)

Reply to
mc

I wouldn't have gotten this quite so quickly except that I have all five Bottom stage shows on my laptop and they are playing while I work... :)

Reply to
larwe

Still more: Rankew, Kwaner, Rekwan, Reknaw... You think of the rest.

Reply to
mc

The only way to get them seems to be to scrounge some samples from Mill-Max. I've ordered some and they are apparently in the post to me.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

Or, more simply: egrep '^[newark]{6}$' /usr/share/dict/words | grep n | grep e | grep w | grep a | grep r | grep k

Reply to
przemek klosowski