msp430 LCD segment pins sharing with I/O Pins

Hi All,

I have this problem with my MSP430 controller. I want to use a 30 segment * 4 common LCD glass and use the rest of the pins as I/O.

The data sheet specifies 2 modes where in S0-S27 are LCD functions or S0-S31 are LCD functions. Is there a way of making S0 to S29 as LCD functions.

Thanks, Rohan

Reply to
Rohan

Hi All,

I am using a MSP430x4xx series controller. I have a doubt regarding the sharing of the LCD segment pins with I/O pins.

I am using an LCD glass with 30 segments. The LCD controller of the device gives option of either setting S0-S31 OR S0-S27. Is there a way of setting S0-S29. This would save me two very valuable I/O pins.

Thanks, Rohan

Reply to
Rohan

No