msp430 gnu debugger and usb support

Greetings, I am trying to move to gcc/eclipse to get around the size limit in the free IAR and Code composer. However, I read online that only the parallel port is supported in gnu debugger gdbproxy. Is that true or am I missing something?

Thank you,

Reply to
amerdsp

I use the TI-USB-FET (a USB device) and msp430-gdbproxy on Fedora Core-7. It was interesting to setup, but works nicely now :)

--
Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct.         (c) 678 521 5460

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains
  and we never even know we have the key."
"Already Gone" by Jack Tempchin (recorded by The Eagles)

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1
Reply to
Michael N. Moran

You have to be careful, though. There are some processors models that aren't supported.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I think I am an
                                  at               overnight sensation right