MSP430-gdb

Greetings. I have been using MSP430-gdb on linux succesfully with the MSP430F149 chip. However when I use the MSP430F169 chip the device is not recognised and the "erase" command does not work.

Other commands work OK eg "load" and "continue"

I would appreciate if somebody could suggest a solution or a workaround. Can I set the device type directly? perhaps there is an extension to the erase command to erase certain memory ranges.

My setup is: MSP430 flash emulation tool connected to JTAG port.

Here is MSP430-gdb output:

./msp430-gdbproxy --port=2000 msp430& info: msp430: Target device is a 'Device unknown' (type 0) notice: msp430-gdbproxy: waiting on TCP port 2000

./msp430-gdb GNU gdb 5.1.1 Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details. This GDB was configured as "--host=i586-pc-linux-gnu

--target=msp430".notice: msp430-gdbproxy: connected

0x00001100 in ?? ()

(gdb)

(gdb) monitor erase all Erasing target flash - all...error: msp430: Invalid parameter(s) (3) MSP430 error: Invalid parameter(s) (3) Protocol error with Rcmd (gdb)

Help appreciated. JC

Reply to
Joseph Casey

Hello Joseph!

As I know the MSP430F169 is a quite new device. You have to update your complete MSP430-gcc/gdb toolchain. Newer devices are now supported.

Andreas

Reply to
Andreas

Andreas, It looks as though the most recent build of MSP430-gdb is 20021222 which I am using. I might be able to hack the code for a similar device since the problem seems to be absence of memory range information for MSP430F169. Thanking you. Regards, JC

Andreas wrote:

Reply to
Joseph Casey