MPLAD - MPIDE debugging

We made our firct C-code for the PIC environment in MP-IDE
and of course it doesn't work. So now we wish to apply the debugger on it,
but find ourselves unable to see our code in it.

In the main MP-IDE menu, we select 'view', then 'watch',
and according to the tutorial, should then be able to add symbols.
However the "add symbol" tab is greyed out, so that we can only
go select the CPU-registers for viewing.
I suppose we are overlooking something very basic - any ideas?
PS MP-IDE version is 6.42 which we finally found...

TIA,
KA

Re: MPLAD - MPIDE debugging

Which debugger? (ICD2?), simulator etc.???

Jim

Re: MPLAD - MPIDE debugging

Our problem is mainly with MP-LAB-SIM
Excuse me for not making this clear.
If it is any help: we have a suspicion
we are missing something in the build options,
such that we do not build the file (map?)
the simulator works on.

Re: MPLAD - MPIDE debugging
On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 15:48:17 -0000, the renowned "karel"

Perhaps a bit too obvious, but did you build with debugging
information? Can you see global variables?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: MPLAD - MPIDE debugging

Not too obvious certainly, my own suspicions go this way!
We went into the build options and tried various options
but none seemed to change anything.

But no we cannot see any variables neither local nor global.
In the main MP-IDE menu, we select "view" then "watch"
and understand from the tutorial we should here select
"add symbol" however this labezl is greyed out so we can't.

Thanks again for thinking along with us!
KA

Site Timeline