MPLAB 6.6 and CCS C, good?

I'm adding some new 18F stuff to my list of things I'm doing and want to get MPLAB 6.6 installed. I currently use CCS C 3.18 which says that it is good to go on MPLAB 6.2 and up. It is unclear to me whether my MPLAB 6.6 update will overwrite or coexist with my MPLAB 5.75 installation and what I'll have to do to get CCS working with the whole lot. Has anyone got any experience with this or should I just soldier on?

thanks, DLC

* Dennis Clark         dlc@frii.com                www.techtoystoday.com   *
* "Programming and Customizing the OOPic Microcontroller" Mcgraw-Hill 2003 *
Dennis Clark

I'd save your current MPLAB stuff away. Hopefully, you have the original CDROM or ZIP files around somewhere. If not, remember to always keep them around! If not, you can probably just install the new MPLAB to a new location (or move the old stuff elsewhere).

You might also give the CCS people a call to see if their stuff can run on 6.6 (although 6.6 is pretty new. I don't remember seeing it around a week ago).

Reply to
Gary Kato

You can specify to install MPLAB in a different directory - I have the old & new both installed. The CCS should have a tool to patch itself into MPLAB; you just point it to the correct directory.

Reply to
Ian C. PG Trionic Inc