mpeg encoder for Davinci

Hello,

I am working on TI Davicni board(DM6437). I have installed virtuallogix linux on it. I am trying to implement a video server. Now, i am able to run a streaming server(LIVE555). The problem is i need to convert the jpegs into mpeg. I tried to cross compile ffmpeg, it is quiet slow (took 1 day for compilation). So, i dropped ffmpeg, now trying mjpeg streamer for encoding, but facing compilation errors (Frontc.ParseError and symbol referencing errors). I dont understand what is wrong. Can any body suggest any mpeg encoders for arm based dsps.

Reply to
Mourya

Un bel giorno Mourya digitò:

AFAIK DaVinci processor can't handle the real time encoding with the bare power of the ARM using open source, generic encoders (ffmpeg etc.). You need an encoder that takes advantage of the TI-specific DSP accelerations, by using a commercial encoder (i.e. big $$, especially for the DM64xx family).

--
emboliaschizoide.splinder.com
Reply to

You have a point there, but my project aim is to evaluate the dsp only, i am not going to use it for commercial purposes

Reply to
Mourya

Please re-read the lamah's comment. It was not about commercial applications, it was about commercial vs. free libraries of encoding routines.

Perhaps you can find a free trial of one of the commercial libraries.

Reply to
cs_posting

Un bel giorno Mourya digitò:

For evaluation only you can use the demonstration CODECs shipped with the DVDP:

I can't see any real alternative here.

--
emboliaschizoide.splinder.com
Reply to
dalai lamah

Totally incomprehensible.

If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, ensure you quote enough for the article to make sense. Google is only an interface to Usenet; it's not Usenet itself. Don't assume your readers can, or ever will, see any previous articles.

More details at:

 [page]:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to