MPC8260 - I2C - single channel 1-wire master (DS2482) - 1 wire EEPROM (DS2433)

Hi,

I'm writing an I2C driver for the MPC8260 that needs to read/write to a

1-wire EEPROM via a single channel 1-wire master. Since I'm new to the embedded world, I was wondering, if I want to send a READ ROM command to the 1 wire EEPROM, how must I go about doing that via software? How must I format the Tx buffer of the I2C to send that out to the 1-wire EEPROM via the single-channel 1-wire master? Thanks for your help in advance.

Dead Fish

Reply to
deadfish007

Have you read the DS2482 datasheet?

Reply to
Gary Kato

Yes, I have. I've looked at the I2C Communication Examples many, many times. Do I format the TX buffer for each byte of data or can I format it to take several bytes of data?

Reply to
deadfish007

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Do yourself a favour and write a bit banging driver. It is much easier than using the I2C unit. Unless you have fully understood the programming model of the CPM, your driver will be up much faster.

- Rene

Reply to
Rene

Thanks to everyone that have responded. I've figured it out.

Reply to
deadfish007