MPC5200 speed grades - 400 becomes 266...

It turned out things are really bad with the MPC5200B .

Have a look at

All parts (those with 400 written in their names included) are specified at up to only 266 MHz.

Would someone at Freescale care to comment please? The old version - without the letter B - is somewhat buggy, but seems usable for the application I have designed it in.

Do the old 400 MHz parts run at 400 MHz? Or has the 400 been just a marketing hype all along?

I have yet to receive the parts for the prototype so I have no test results myself.

Such a disaster, they had the 5200 anounced for years as 400 MHz on their website (and the 5200B should have been available as 466 MHz....). Whether this is because of ineptitude or just fraud, the path Freescale are going into is obvious. Whoever controls them now does not seem to want them to live...

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff