moving to kernal/supervisor mode on MIPS

Hi , I am working on MIPS32-4Kc processor. For profiling my code i used "mfc0" instruction to get the "count" register value.This is working well on simulator and also on Board using JTAG, but when i try to cross-compile on run on the same Board which is booted with Linux OS, it is giving exception (because in user mode we don't have privilages to acess co-processor)

So how can we move from user mode to privilaged modes to run my program. can anyone suguest a method...

bye Raju

Reply to
g_satyamohanraju