Motorola ColdFire 16-bit timers - poorly documented

Hello, All! When you read in documentation that "Timer count is reset immediately after the reference value is reached", what sequence of timer counters would you expect each clock tick:

0, 1, 2, ..., (reference), 0, 1, 2,... or 0, 1, 2, ..., (reference, immediately reset to 0), 1, 2, ...?

In the beginning I thought that the second was true (maybe I misunderstood what "immediately" means?), but my testing showed that the first sequence is correct (for Motorola ColdFire 5272, at least). I'm posting it here because someone else may well have the same problem without even being aware of it.

FWIW, Arkady.

Reply to
Arkady Zilberberg