Motorola ColdFire 16-bit timers - poorly documented

Hello, All!
When you read in documentation that "Timer count is reset immediately
after the reference value is reached", what sequence of timer counters
would you expect each clock tick:

0, 1, 2, ..., (reference), 0, 1, 2,...
or
0, 1, 2, ..., (reference, immediately reset to 0), 1, 2, ...?

In the beginning I thought that the second was true (maybe I
misunderstood what "immediately" means?), but my testing showed that the
first sequence is correct (for Motorola ColdFire 5272, at least).  I'm
posting it here because someone else may well have the same problem
without even being aware of it.

FWIW,
    Arkady.

Site Timeline