Motor Torque/Speed versus Motor Winding

Maybe someone can shine a light on a servo motor dimensioning problem.

I'm testing a closed loop servosystem (motioncontroller with Brushless motor) and i don't have enough 'servo stiffness' at low speed. (due to a relativly high load inertia)

We placed a 1:3 gearbox inbetween motor and load, and this solved the problem.

I would like to get rid of the gearbox (noise).

So my idea was using the same motor with another winding (Double Voltage constant, Double Torque constant)

Do i make a mistake by saying that this new winding will have - used at the same voltage - a lower speed and a higer torque, so resolving my lack of torque at low speed ?

What is confusing me is that both windings have the same cont. torque

Thx

Stijn

Reply to
jonsquire2000

Torque goes with current, not voltage.

You want to match the drive to the motor. Voltage in a servo drive is used to offset the generated voltage of the motor. The DC resistance is usually very low, and typically requires low voltage to get max current when the motor is not turning.

There is not enough information to answer your question, but if the drive capabilites are not matched to the motor, changing windings is one thing to do.

Continuous ratings are really thermal ratings.

Reply to
Bryan Hackney