Motor Torque/Speed versus Motor Winding

Maybe someone can shine a light on a servo motor dimensioning problem.

I'm testing a closed loop servosystem (motioncontroller with Brushless
motor) and i don't have enough 'servo stiffness' at low speed. (due to
a relativly high load inertia)

We placed a 1:3 gearbox inbetween motor and load, and this solved the
problem.

I would like to get rid of the gearbox (noise).

So my idea was using the same motor with another winding (Double
Voltage constant, Double Torque constant)

Do i make a mistake by saying that this new winding will have - used at
the same voltage - a lower speed and a higer torque, so resolving my
lack of torque at low speed ?

What is confusing me is that both windings have the same cont. torque

Thx

Stijn

Re: Motor Torque/Speed versus Motor Winding

Torque goes with current, not voltage.

You want to match the drive to the motor. Voltage in a servo drive is used
to offset the generated voltage of the motor. The DC resistance is usually
very low, and typically requires low voltage to get max current when the
motor is not turning.

There is not enough information to answer your question, but if the drive
capabilites are not matched to the motor, changing windings is one thing
to do.

Continuous ratings are really thermal ratings.