Motor Control using tms320f2812

Has anybody worked with TMS320F2812 for controlling a BLDC motor with incremental encoder?

I am using 48V, 3A, 1024 line encoder motor. Motor is loaded with a gear box.(almost 25% loading.)

I am referring PMSM3_4 module. I have ran the motor upto build level 3 for different speed levels and the pid Iq references are matching with feedback also.

In build level 4, I have seen the actual encoder angle also varying from maximum to minimum.

But still my motor is not running at Build level 5, when the speed loop is closed with actual encoder angle rather than the ramp module's output.

Reply to
kvaibhav38

Le Fri, 10 Oct 2008 13:11:21 -0500, kvaibhav38 a écrit:

I did it with a Freescale 56F8037. This chip is specially dedicated for BLDC motor driving (6 built-in PWM's with complementary mode) AFAIK there are two methods for BLDC driving ; one based on three hall-effect sensors placed on the stator (2pi electrical revolution). the other method is much more complex (back EMF zero crossing detection)

--
HBV
Reply to

Not everyone here is going to be an expert at some TI-specific, BLDC motor-specific, TMS320F2812-specific application that's probably a throw-away if you know what you're doing anyway.

So give more detail.

What are the build levels supposed to do, and in what way is the motor "not running"? Is it turning but not in a controlled way? Is there any current flowing? Is there smoke pouring out?

And why not just learn how to run a BLDC, and make software that works?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

On Oct 11, 4:34=EF=BF=BDpm, Habib Bouaziz-Viallet wro= te:

As well as resolver feedback or encoder feedback.

Reply to
cbarn24050