MMC LCD Interfacing in ATMega16

Hi

Can someone lead me to some tutorial or some sample codes to write data into my MMC, read & display onto LCD. I'm using an ATMega16 MCU & my compiler is WinAVR.

thanks heaps.

techie.

Reply to
techie.embedded

Will the MMC card be read/written by a DOS/WIN system ??

Reading and writing is easy, getting a FAT16/32 partition is not.

There are lots of AVR -> FATxx code out there.

Google AVR+FAT16 will find lots.

Good Luck

Donald

Reply to
Donald

hi

well, the MMC card i have is already a FAT File system..

Is it possible to write / read some RAW data into MMC card ??? If so, how to read the raw data that has been written onto the MMC ???

I want to read & write into the MMC through My ATMega16 MCU...

My issue here is to figure out wat are the steps involved in intializing reading & writing to MMC.. Does someone have an Algorithm or a Pseudo Code handy???

thanks again

techie82

D> > Hi

Reply to
techie.embedded

try avrfreaks.net they have quite a few projects

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Have a look at:

may be some options there.

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Micro,TTL,USB to 1.5" color LCD http://www.dontronics.com/micro-lcd.html
USB,RS232 or TTL to VGA Monitor http://www.dontronics.com/micro-vga.html
World's smallest USB 2 TTL Conv http://www.dontronics.com/micro-usb.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

efsl is a general library for mmc + fat. You may find that ATMega16 doesn't have enough space for the library though. I have played around a little with efsl (not on avr) and it compiled to more than 16K for read and write (can't remember exactly what size now). If you are interested in using efsl as is, you might want to look/post their forum.

Otherwise, you could just take out the bits of efsl that you need. Although, if you want to do *general* read + write, that might not be very much!

To get the size down, you would need to be pretty specific about how the card is formatted, and which sectors you use to read/write files. In which case, efsl could serve as your starting point, along with a good MMC data sheet, and some good information on FAT (use google).

Regards,

Paul.

Reply to
Paul Taylor

MMC cards are written to in 512 byte chunks (iirc, could be more for largest cards). efsl need a couple of hundred bytes or so on top of this. Again, check their forum. Your 1K ram starts to look a bit tight.

Regards,

Paul.

Reply to
Paul Taylor