MK715 Touch Controller Problem

Hi,

when i press my LCD with my MK715 touch controller and stay the display touched, the interrupt repeats and repeats. Does anyone have experience on how to led the interrupt execute only once upon each touch independent of the time the display is touched. Upon release followed by a touch again the interrupt should execute again of course and so on.

Thanx Rainer

Reply to
Rainer Faulstich

I haven't looked at the specs, but these symptoms sound like it has something to do with how you configured your interrupts. Perhaps you are letting it interrupt you when the line goes low, instead of letting it interrupt you only on a falling/rising edge interrupt.

Reply to
Mike V.

I couldn't find the datasheet on the part as it seems to be obsolete. From the description I read, you get interrupts at fixed intervals while someone is pressing the touchpad. I assume this is for operations like dragging icons around or for painting where you need to keep up with any positional changes.

Maybe there is a command you can give the MK715 to do what you want. Or maybe you have to live with the interrupts. You could set a timer on the first interrupt. The interval should be more than the time for regular touchpad updates. During subsequent touchpad interrupt, you would reset the timer and return. When the timer 's interrupt happens due to timeout, you know the user has let go of the touchpad and the timer can turn itself off. So your touchpad interrupt routine would be like this:

if (timer on) { reset_timer(); return; // not first touch, so ignore } else { // first touch turn_timer_on(); do whatever else you need to do on first touch

return; }

Reply to
Gary Kato

Perhaps your mouse driver is set to do the repeat function? - RM

Reply to
Rick Merrill

I am looking for some information about using of MK715 Touch Screen Controller. If you know anything about it please let me know. any language programmes about MK715 ,I need to know how to use it. thanks

Reply to
xmxlion