Missing volatile qualifiers in MCU vendor header files?

Tell me more. what are these SVD files and where can I get some?

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

What's it worth to you Cliff?

Reply to
Dave Nadler

:)

Well, I've done a lot of parsing and code generation, and I also hate the manufacturer libraries and header files. I haven't yet launched into building my own ARM infrastructure libraries, but I've often considered doing that. I hadn't come across these SVD files before. Of course, I wrote the above message *before* using Google :)

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

SVD is a format promoted by ARM for CPU description. It's an XML format. AFAIR ARM keeps a collection of these files, and ST usually provide them. See:

Stephen

--
Stephen Pelc, stephen@mpeforth.com
tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, +44 (0)78 0390 3612

The ARM files are only the smaller half of the whole story: on the chips there are also the manufacturer-provided peripherals, which, IMHO, are the more complicated to make the header files for.

Anyway, I did it by hand.

--

-TV
Reply to

Thanks. Something to reach for when I'm back in this ball-park again.

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

On 2020-04-08 Tauno Voipio wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

Does anyone have experience with Renesas and their Synergy stuff? Did a workshop a while ago and this all seemed to work quite good. But ofcourse this was a prepared workshop example that was bound to work. Did not have a chance to try it on a project of our own. We nowadays mostly use ST, so using something else must have huge advantages before we give it a try. ;-)

FORCE YOURSELF TO RELAX!
Reply to
Stef

The specification (such as it is) is here:

Stephen