MIPS Introduces Aptiv Generation Cores

They look impressive and compete with ARM nicely.

Article includes a roadmap comparison and power dissipation figures.

Bill Giovino

Bill Giovino

I'm an ARM user and I hope MIPS does very well with these new cores. Healthy competition is good for us all.

Reply to
mjsilva

Great, so where do I buy some ?

If you claim they "compete with ARM nicely", there must be someone shipping them ?

Reply to
j.m.granville

You buy them the same way you buy ARM cores - you contact the supplier, make your agreement for multiple millions of dollars, and get sent some VHDL files.

If you want to buy ready-made chips with MIPS Aptiv on board, you'll have to wait a while. And even then, you might not be able to - many of MIPS' traditional customers sell devices only in huge MOQs.

Reply to
David Brown