Minimalist PC Needed for embedded App

Im looking for a tiny pc for an embedded app.  The only requirements
I need,  is that it be
1) 486 compatable,
2) Has 1 Serial Port
3) Run Dos (via Disk-On-Chip preferred)
4) SMALL (ala PC-104 or smaller)

I DONT need vga, hard drive, or floppy support, but I would need
to be able to download new appliactions to the DOC via serial.

Anyone know where I might find such a beast?

Re: Minimalist PC Needed for embedded App

You could check out aCROSSER for a $104 board (add your own
flash and RAM I think) that'll do a nice job:

    http://www.acrosser.com/104promotion.htm

We haven't seen these yet ourselves, but we did order a few
to play with.

There are others I'm sure, but this is the one that comes to mind
since we were looking this week.

    Patrick Klos                           Email: snipped-for-privacy@klos.com
    Klos Technologies, Inc.                Web:   http://www.klos.com /
==================== What goes around, comes around... =====================

Re: Minimalist PC Needed for embedded App

I emailed that bunch several weeks ago and haven't even had a reply. If
that's their attitude to potential customers....

pete
--
snipped-for-privacy@fenelon.com "there's no room for enigmas in built-up areas"

Re: Minimalist PC Needed for embedded App

They don't come much smaller than Data Modular's "TinyPC" range -
about 5cm x 3cm x 1cm as far as I remember. Really not much more than a
386EX, one RAM chip and some glue logic on one side of the board and an
interface for an MMC flash card on the other!

pete
--
snipped-for-privacy@fenelon.com "there's no room for enigmas in built-up areas"

Re: Minimalist PC Needed for embedded App

   http://www.dilnetpc.com

Despite the Linuxy website, they also run DOS AFAIK.

Rob

--
Robert Kaiser                     email: rkaiser AT sysgo DOT com
SYSGO AG                          http://www.elinos.com

try :
http://www.bcl.de
http://www.taskit.de/en/index.htm

Rene

Re: Minimalist PC Needed for embedded App

Try www.jkmicro.com

Site Timeline