Minimal uImage (compressed Linux kerne)l size for PPC 8270 processor

Hi,

I am poring from Linux 2.4 to Linux 2.6. My board is based on PPC 8270 processor of FreeScale (former Motorola).

The uImage (compressed Linux kernel) size on Linux version 2.4 was ~ 720 Kbytes. What size should I expect on Linux 2.6 ?

What is the typical/minimal uImage Linux kernel size , assuming that I am using TCP/IP, UART, etc.

The drivers that we added are not so big in size, so loading them dynamically will not reduce largely the size of Linux uBoot Image.

Thanks,

Martin Roth Motorola

Reply to
martin roth