Mindstorms NXT

There is a review of the new Mindstorms NXT at

Short summary: 32-bit ARM7 micro, USB 2.0, Bluetooth, 4 input ports, 3 output ports, only (!) $250 USD for the kit.

~Dave~

Reply to
Dave

Does anyone know which Arm chip they're using? I applied for their early developers program but I never got a response from them.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Bugger. I've only had the original kit for 8 months and now they bring out a new one. Actually I need to find more time to sit and play with^H^H^H conduct experiments with my existing kit.

Quite a few of the schools around here do the First Lego League so once the new challenge is announced I might put something together and see what I can do. One wondered whether it would be fair for a qualified adult engineer to compete amongst 12 year old children but they have loads of kids in a team and I am on my own so I think it is about right ;-)

Reply to
Tom Lucas

"Eric" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

It seems from their website, that it is only available in the U.S. but it should be possible to order if you have a U.S shipping address.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Well, I have three NXT kits here in the UK, so I guess that qualifies as non-US shipping.

The processor is the SAM7S256. Hardware schematics are publicly available.

-- Paul.

Reply to
Paul Curtis

OK, so it is official now :-)

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

The Lego shop at the Bluewater shopping centre has a couple of kits available for demonstration and I was very impressed with it at the weekend. I might have to consider investing...

Reply to
Tom Lucas