Mindfulness Seminar

Hi -

I'm posting this here 'cause I saw a discussion about mindfulness in
this group a while back.  Thought some of you might be interested.

A Mindful Life
October 1-3, 2004
A Weekend Seminar with Dr. Ellen Langer

Most of us are stressed by day-to-day living, consumed by problems in
our personal and professional lives.  Our relationships, projects, and
work never seem to go exactly as planned.  Many of us are frustrated
and unhappy, and others are just plain bored. Most of us have yet to
reach our creative potential.  Mindfulness opens us to life's
possibilities through active generation of multiple perspectives and
dynamic transformation of mindsets.  It is a way to actively engage
our world no matter what happens or how we feel.  Over 30 years of
research show that mindfulness can increase peak performance, energy,
health and longevity, self-confidence, charisma, and creativity -
affecting virtually all areas of physical, emotional, social, and
professional life.  Now it is time to apply mindfulness to your life!

Join Dr. Ellen Langer and members of her Mindfulness Lab for A Mindful
Life, an intensive weekend course in the art of living mindfully.
Through a series of interactive lectures, discussions, and activities,
you will learn how to apply mindfulness to your health, your emotions,
your relationships, your work, and all your creative and personal
endeavors. A Mindful Life is for all who are interested in exploring
the depths of their potential, and in creating freer more enriching
lives for themselves and for others.

WHEN:  A Mindful Life begins at 6pm on Friday October 1st and ends at
4pm on Sunday October 3rd.  (Friday 6pm – 9pm; Saturday 8am –6pm;
Sunday 8am – 4pm.)

WHERE:  The Charles Hotel conference center, located in Harvard
Square, Cambridge, MA.  Parking garage on site.  (For hotel
accommodations contact Stephanie Brown at 617-661-5038 or email
snipped-for-privacy@charleshotel.com.)

COST:  $395 ($345 for early registration by September 1st) includes
breakfasts and lunches, coffee, and snacks on both Saturday and
Sunday, workshop, and materials fee..  Group discounts also available.

REGISTRATION:  Email snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com  or call 617-921-9817 for
further information or registration.

Dr. Ellen J. Langer
Dr. Ellen Langer is a professor of Psychology at Harvard University.
Her books written for general and academic readers include
Mindfulness, The Power of Mindful Learning, and the forthcoming
Mindful Creativity.  Dr. Langer has described her work on the illusion
of control, aging, decision-making, and mindfulness theory in over 200
research articles and six academic books.  Her work has lead to
numerous academic honors including a Guggenheim Fellowship, the Award
for Distinguished Contributions to Psychology in the Public Interest
of the American Psychological Association, and many others.  The
citation for the APA Distinguished Contributions award reads

"Her pioneering work reveals the profound effects of increasing
mindful behavior… and offers new hope to millions whose problems were
previously seen as unalterable and inevitable.  Ellen Langer has
demonstrated repeatedly how our limits are of our own making."

Visit http://www.wjh.Harvard.edu/~langer/bio.html for more information
on Dr. Langer and her work.

Dr. Langer will be joined by several members of her Mindfulness Lab,
who have devoted their lives to researching the essence of mindfulness
and to the art of living mindfully.  Among them will be Tawfiq Ali,
Director of the Mindfulness Research Lab, Wendy Smith, Ph.D. candidate
in organizational behavior, and Alia Crum, Coordinator of Applied
Mindfulness.  We look forward to this opportunity to share Dr.
Langer's teachings on mindfulness with you.  Come join us, and
discover the tools and techniques necessary to live A Mindful Life.

Where you are is where you've never been!

A Mindful Life ~ William James Hall ~ 33 Kirkland St. ~ Cambridge, MA
02138 ~ (617) 921-9817 ~ snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Re: Mindfulness Seminar

   Going to samspade.org and putting in 65.96.170.47 (from the
65.96.170.47 = [ h00045a2de70a.ne.client2.attbi.com ]

   Send a report with full headers to snipped-for-privacy@attbi.com, and while your
at it, CC it to snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com for both the posting address and
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com  (not that yahoo will do anything, but it's the
principle of reporting that counts).

   Hmm, reading further, you may want to notify Harvard that a seminar
put on by a professor from the school is being inapropriately posted
to Usenet newsgroups:

   Interesting pic, apparently a self-portrait. I noticed among her
books are On Becoming an Artist: Ballantine Books, 2005, Mindfulness
and Health, in preparation, and Mindfulness at Work, in preparation. I
wonder if Ballantine would be interested in knowing about these
inapropriate posts.

   If you have free time and are in the area, you may want to picket
outside the conference (get proper permits from the City of
Cambridge). Print lots of copies of this spam with why it's
inapropriate and against Netiquette and hand them out to anyone
interested.

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley

Site Timeline