MIDI micro controller

I am looking for suggestions on good microcontrollers that can withstand tuff temperatures and are able to do midi properly. I have tried the atmega48 and it is not stable. Any solutions / ideas?

Reply to
ahmed.sharifi

at which temperatures..?

not stable.. ?

Reply to
nappy

tuff = ?! not stable = ?!

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

I can't answer your question but I'm curious: are you talking about MIDI as in music? If so, what kind of musical application needs to withstand tuff temperatures?

Andrew

Reply to
andrew queisser

What do you think is hard temperatures ?

I am just returning from a very nice social event tonight, in which we spent quite a while in a sauna with temperatures of 90 .. 120 C and then went swimming into a hole in a frozen lake (0 C) despite the minor blizzard today. I didn't carry any electronics with me, since I did not expect that it would survive that treatment.

If you really need products that works with a large temperature range, I would at least check that the product supports the military -55 ..

+125 C temperature range.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

The Industrial Temperature part are more affordable. without the OPs input it is just a guess.

Reply to
Neil

All of it that's ever used live on-stage. Temperatures on a crowded, lighted stage can be quite a challenge. You stand in the focus of a couple dozen kilowatts of lights for a while, you'll immediately know what I mean. Not to mention issues like tube amplifiers for guitars being plugged in carelessly, electrocuting the first person to touch the wrong piece of equipment, fritzing all unprotected electronics encountered while at it.

Equipment that's supposed to survive your average band's tour for more than a month has to be *tough*. From an engineering point of view, the whole activity is just a massive practical realization of Murphy's law.

Hans-Bernhard Broeker

skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Use an external crystal instead of relying on the internal R/C oscillator

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson