MicroWire Interface

Hi, all

I am studying a MicroWire Interface in OMAP processor.

I nees the detailed information and contents about this interface.

How or Where can I get them?

Thank you for your help.

Good luck.

- Venjamin, P

Reply to
Venjamin,P

"Venjamin,P" skrev i meddelandet news:cteoo8$lnn$ snipped-for-privacy@domitilla.aioe.org...

There is no specification of the Microwire interface. Microwire is a National Semiconductor trademark, but they never bothered documenting it, so anything using a chip select, clock , data in, data out can be called a microwire.

The SPI bus is defined to have four modes, and a microwire peripheral will use one or two of the modes, but it is not defined which modes they should use. It is not guaranteed that two Microwire interfaces will talk to each other.

--
Best Regards
Ulf at atmel dot com

"Ulf Samuelsson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

other.

As i understand, SPI (by motorola) means transmission of frames on the whole of 8bit bytes only, in contrast to the microwire interface, which uses arbitrary bit lengh. Because of this, microwire can not be connected to a motorola SPI port so easily.

MIKE

Reply to
M.Randelzhofer

Venjamin,P schrieb:

Hi Venjamin,

I can't give you a link to the detailed information, but take a look to the Microchip web site. They make many serial EEPROMs for different serial bus types (for Microwire too), and the data sheets are detailed. So you can find ot many information, I think. You can also compare the bus protocol with SPI-EEPROMs, and there are some application notes (sort them by production line and look for memory, 18 notes currently).

Hope this helps some steps along the way. Michael

--
Die eMail passt, und wer nicht spamt, kommt auch durch.
Gelesen wird jedoch nur ab und zu.