Microprocessor with Graphic output upto UXGA/SXGA

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of an embedded processor that has a video output upto SXGA or UXGA. If not, is it possible to scale a SVGA output to SXGA without a great loss in pixel information.

Thanks P

Reply to
eziggurat

Maybe one of the geodes?

-Dave

--
David Ashley                http://www.xdr.com/dash
Embedded linux, device drivers, system architecture

skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@e63g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

With 1600 x 1200 x 60 Hz * 16 bpp you have a bandwidth need of 230 MB per second just for refresh. Anything with less than this is going to face trouble.

Any chip with a PCI interface obviously can interface to a PCI controller, but you also need to get hold of S/W. You may want to look at FPGA solutions like the "Badge" from

Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson
Ulf Samuelsson