MICRONTROLLER COMMUNICATION

Hello

I have a NOKIA CELULAR PHONE that has a internal HAYES MODEM EMULATOR and i use a DRL3 DATA CABLE for make communication using my PC throught COMMx SERIAL PORT. The Hayes modem answer to my AT commands.

Recently, i used a microcontroller and i tried to connect to NOKIA CELULAR PHONE without the DRL3 DATA CABLE and i got success too! I removed the DRL3 cable and i did a direct connection. The Hayes modem answered to my AT commands.

I see that the NOKIA has a IRDA option that allows to talk with HAYES MODEM too. How is the circuit for transmit data for the modem? I intend to use my COMMx SERIAL PORT for send AT commands to HAYES MODEM using a SERIAL to IRDA converter, but, i don't know this circuit converts 1's and 0's.

My intention is a microcontroller estabilish a comunication with CELULAR HAYES MODEM without cables using HAYES PROTOCOL.

Thanks!

Miguel Wisintainer

Reply to
Miguel Wisintainer

It is a very complicated job to implement IrDA on a microcontroller. It's a complex protocol, better to buy it than to attempt to write it.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards