Microcontroller w/ Modem

Greetings All,
   Can anyone direct me to information on connecting a Hayes type external
modem to a Motorola '705 controller?

Re: Microcontroller w/ Modem

By using the phrase "Hayes protocol" in a Google search I found that there
are some reasonable links in the first page 1 to 10 of 290,000 or so.

Re: Microcontroller w/ Modem

At a minimum you would need a UART (Serial controller on MCU) with Rx
and Tx plus a EIA-232 Buffer. Something like a MAX232A or any of the
hundreds if not thousands of similar ICs. You then need to set the
modem to use no flow control or Xon/Xoff flow control and to provide
the normal status info such as Carrier Detect over the serial link.
If the specific version of '705 you are using does not have a UART,
then you can bit-bang for low baud rates.

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

Site Timeline