Microcontroller development board

I am a hardware engineer and want to get aquainted with embedded programming by working on a microcontroller development board. I would like to buy one for myself to experiment, so are there any sites giving good deals on the dev boards. I would like to have suggestions on what sort of board to go for. I know a bit of C and assembly programming.

thanks in advance

Reply to
Neo

Try

The boards are available from DigiKey
The SKP16C62P is only $50USD. The price includes the debug hardware as well.

Reply to
john.t.taylor

New Micros

have some good, low-cost dev boards covering a range of the Motorola chips, AVR and Philips ARM7. A variety of dev software - some free - is also available.

-Pete.

-- |

Pete Gray

Check out my MAVRIC-IIB board:

There are several economical C compilers available including the GNU GCC environment which is very nice.

If you have any questions about the board, just let me know.

-Brian

--
Brian Dean
BDMICRO - ATmega128 Based MAVRIC Controllers