Microcontroller development board

I am a hardware engineer and want to get aquainted with embedded
programming by working on a microcontroller development board. I would
like to buy one for myself to experiment, so are there any sites giving
good deals on the dev boards. I would like to have suggestions on what
sort of board to go for. I know a bit of C and assembly programming.

thanks in advance

Re: Microcontroller development board
Try http://www.renesas.com/skp
The boards are available from DigiKey (http://www.digikey.com).  The
SKP16C62P is only $50USD. The price includes the debug hardware as
well.

Re: Microcontroller development board
New Micros (www.newmicros.com) have some good, low-cost dev boards covering
a range of the Motorola chips, AVR and Philips ARM7.
A variety of dev software - some free - is also available.
-Pete.
--
| http://home.comcast.net/~pete.gray /

Re: Microcontroller development board

Check out my MAVRIC-IIB board:

     http://www.bdmicro.com/mavric-iib

There are several economical C compilers available including the GNU
GCC environment which is very nice.

If you have any questions about the board, just let me know.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
BDMICRO - ATmega128 Based MAVRIC Controllers