Microcontroller comparission

i want to Compare two microcontoller . perivously used NEC controller ( otp) now i want to go for other micro contoller ( microchip) so i need basis for the comparission like code porting ,cost, tools etc i would also like to code Porting( asm -asm) effort estimation basis thanks bhavesh

Reply to
bhavesh gharat

The Microchip parts are a law unto themselves. They bear no relation to anything else on the market. Porting asm from an NEC part to one of these will be a nightmare. You would be better off choosing a more conventional part like an 8052 derivative.

ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Hi, We are looking for 8-bit microcontrollers with following features:

Features 8-bit Microcontroller Operating Frequency 10- to 40-Mhz Program Memory 64KB Data Memory 4kbytes Data EEPROM Memory 1024 bytes ( optional) I/O ports 54- to -60 ( with 3.3/5.0 v compatiblity) ADC / channel 10bit X 8Channels (100ksps) Vcc (Volts) 2.0 -5.5

16 bit Timer 3 8 bit Timer 2 RTC ( on chip) 1 SPI 1 UART 1 I2C 1 ICSP/ICD Yes Brown-out-reset Yes Watch Dog Timer Yes On chip Clock Yes Hardware Multiplier Yes Interrupts 28 External interrupts 4 Cost Per Chip ~4$ to 5$ c can any one suggest any beter part option are available with other manufacturers
Reply to
bhavesh gharat

Why do you restrict yourself to 8-bit controllers?

The rest of the requirements (which I snipped), look like there might be a suitable ARM out there for you. But a matching 8051 is a possibility as well. And price depends on quantity, so you should mention that.

Your requirements also seem copied from those of an existing chip, but what are your actual requirements? Do you, for instance, require 28 interrupts?

Things past redress and now with me past care.
		-- William Shakespeare, "Richard II"
Reply to
Stef

ATmega6450

bit

max

Flash

kB SRAM

not 100 ksamples

1.8V - 5.5V
1 x 16 bit timer
2 x 8 bit timer
32 kHz oscillator

SPI

USART + USI

TWI

JTAG

BrownOut Reset

Watchdog

Calibrated Oscillator

Multtiplier

24 MultiInput Wakeup on all I/O

Negotiate with your disti...

So it meets everything except the sample rate of the ADC.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Some of your requirements show that you pretty much just copied a bunch of info from the data sheet. Why does your replacement have to be 8 bits? Why do you care how many interrupts there are? You ask for 28 interrupts and 4 external. Is 10 MHz a minimum speed or do you need a part that can work over the range of speeds?

There are ARM MCUs that can do this job and give you a lot more speed. Check out

Go to the Resources page and scroll down to ARM Chips, then select ARM device comparison chart. It works better with Firefox than IE.

Reply to
rickman