Microcontroller communication using IRDA

Hi all,

I want to a one way communication between two microcontrollers using the IRDA port. As in microcontroller1 has to write into microcontroller2. My hardware allows me to install a reciever and a transmitter on both the microcontrollers. Can someone guide me on the protocol and algorithm which could ensure error free data transmission from one controller to other.

Please let me know if any other details are required.

Thanks, Rohan

Reply to
Rohan

Hi Rohan,

If only two micro's has to communicate with each other why IrDA?

It's probably better to define your own protocol perhaps with only the low level IrDA stuff like HDCL.

If you want also communicate with PDA's etc then IrDA is on it's place. All the information is of course available at IrDA.org (it was for free but I'm not sure if it is still for free). There are dozen solution providers like actisys, microchip, stacktools, ZiLog.

Regards

John.

Reply to
John