Microchip Introduces 12-bit Flash Microcontroller at $0.49 !!!!

Microchip has introduced - get this, gang - a 6-PIN MICROCONTROLLER!

It's got some flash, and a comparator. You can examine it here:

http://microcontroller.com/news/Microchip_PIC10F.asp

- Bill Giovino
  Executive Editor
  http://Microcontroller.com

Re: Microchip Introduces 12-bit Flash Microcontroller at $0.49 !!!!

Not for nothing but TI has a $0.49 16-bit microcontroler in the MS430
line. It comes in very small packages too (you just ignore the extra
pins).

--
- Mark ->
--

Re: Microchip Introduces 12-bit Flash Microcontroller at $0.49 !!!!

I wonder if you ever bought MSP430 at this price?
Our distributor always charge us more than the budgetary prices on Ti
web site.
I wonder if this is local case or in the aim to show how cost
effective are their products TI anounce these prices without enough
margin for their disti chain.

Tsvetan
---
PCB prototypes for $26 at http://run.to/pcb
(http://www.olimex.com/pcb )
Re: Microchip Introduces 12-bit Flash Microcontroller at $0.49 !!!!
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 13:47:47 -0400, "Bill Giovino"

Does anyone know if there is an adapter to program this device with a
PICStart Plus?

-Robert Scott
 Ypsilanti, Michigan
(Reply through this forum, not by direct e-mail to me, as automatic reply
address is fake.)

Re: Microchip Introduces 12-bit Flash Microcontroller at $0.49 !!!!
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 13:47:47 -0400, "Bill Giovino"

Did they multiplex the Vdd and Vss :-)

Re: Microchip Introduces 12-bit Flash Microcontroller at $0.49 !!!!

Didn't you hear? It runs on AC :-)

Re: Microchip Introduces 12-bit Flash Microcontroller at $0.49 !!!!

so you need to take your nice 5v supply and use a 555 to create the ac
power???

martin

 Serious error.
   All shortcuts have disappeared.
      Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Re: Microchip Introduces 12-bit Flash Microcontroller at $0.49 !!!!

I heard that someone is working on a chip that runs on solar cells on
top.  You just need to make sure there are enough lights on it.  But
again, I could have been dreaming.

:
: It's got some flash, and a comparator. You can examine it here:
:
: http://microcontroller.com/news/Microchip_PIC10F.asp
:

Also see:
http://www.embedded.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID21%401355

for a discussion of this chip and much different chip.

--buddy

--
Remove '.spaminator' and '.invalid' from email address
when replying.

Re: Microchip Introduces 12-bit Flash Microcontroller at $0.49 !!!!

Bless you for posting those URL!

Site Timeline